- Lawyer. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Mediator. Law School, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Loss Adjuster. Certified by Chile´s Securities and Insurance Superintendence.
- Proficiency in English, University of Cambridge.
Awards and Recognitions
- Chambers & Partners 2020 – Insurance /Band 2.
- Legal 500 Latin America – Insurance / Leading Lawyer 2020.
- Semi-Finalist. Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition. Washington D.C.
During the last 21 years, he has worked in the field of Insurance, Reinsurance and Loss Adjusting. He has been involved in some of the biggest losses that have occurred in Chile. He worked for Chile’s State Defense Council in the Letelier & Moffitt arbitration (USA v. Chile) at Deloitte & Touche, Estudio Carvallo and Crawford Chile, where he worked as International Division VP until December 2011.
Recently, he has been a speaker at:
- “Claims’ Mitigation and Restoration: How to apply this alternative in the Chilean market?”. BMS Technologies. Solace Hotel. Santiago, 12 June 2018.
- “Disruptors and their Risks”. Insuralex. Grammy Museum, Los Angeles. 05 November 2015.
- “Social networks, Technology and Legislation: Effects on insurance intermediation”. Chile´s Insurance Brokers School. Torremayor Hotel, Santiago. 22 October 2015.
- “6th Educational Conference: Catastrophe Claims; focus on Latin America”. International Federation of Adjusting Associations (IFAA). Hotel Conrad, Miami. 19 May 2015.
- “Annual Convention”. Association of Banking and Retail Insurance Brokers. Sheraton Miramar Hotel, 7 August 2014.
- “Regulation and Supervision of Market Conduct”. Chilean Securities and Insurance Superintendence (SVS), National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), Latin American Association of Insurance Commissioners (ASSAL) and Chilean Insurers Association (AACh). Intercontinental Hotel, 25 July 2014.
- “5th Educational Conference – Catastrophe Claims”. International Federation of Adjusting Associations (IFAA). Willis building London, 6 June 2014.
- “Launching of Claims Consulting Board”. AIG Chile. El Golf 50 Club, 16 October 2013.